We know that these things are true. We are told that "All Scripture is breathed out by God..." in 2 Timothy. And, we can be certain that our God cannot lie, and is not a God of confusion. (2 Cor. 14:33, Heb. 6:18). These things I believe wholeheartedly. It has been pointed out in sermons I've heard in the past, that there is a difference between believing in God, and believing God. What a great point! I know the importance of believing every word the Lord has said for us, to benefit us in knowledge and wisdom. I desperately want to have the kind of faith that will please our Lord.
Why is it then, that I am struggling so much? I am ashamed to admit that I feel I am being ignored. I know that cannot be true, because Hebrews 13 states "...be content with what you have, for He has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"
At this time, I have decided to play the "Glad Game", from Pollyanna, which was suggested by a good friend and great Christian example-thanks Amber. And maybe I'll walk around singing
"When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad!"
from Sound of Music.
Here goes!
I felt the need to whine and complain about the snowy weather which will hinder us from making it to the Bluegrass Festival in Amarillo this weekend, or leaving the house at all for that matter. Then, I was greatly encouraged when I saw the Facebook status of a sweet girl and friend. It reads " I am LOVING watching the beautiful snow falling outside my kitchen window. It's a perfect day for scrapbooking, cuddling with my babies, and hot cocoa!" (Thanks Jennifer). What a great way to look at things!
So, let's consider the beauty of things, shall we?
God's beautiful creations, viewed from my front porch, and kitchen window.
The warmth and smell of my morning cup of coffee, and the fire burning in the fireplace...experience enhanced, of course, by the wearing of my husband's plaid pajama flannel pants.
My beautiful daughter, Julie's artwork, and the way her hair looks first thing in the morning.
My adorable, tenderhearted son Jonathan, who can make you laugh with any one of his 1000 facial expressions.
Precious baby Joshua, in peaceful slumber, without a care in the world.
My exceptional husband, Mike, who surprised me by coming home from work early today, and still loves me unconditionally.

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW
Thank you Lucy from Attic 24, for inspiring me to brighten the days of others, the way you have brightened mine.
I hope this can be an encouragement to anyone who is feeling a little blue today...count your blessings, play the Glad Game, and sing some Fräu⋅lein Maria songs.


No comments:
Post a Comment