Wednesday, January 27, 2010

EMG

Today was the EMG. It went well. There are two kinds, and today I only had the one where they put sticky things on your skin and electrically shock your muscles. It wasn't too bad, just a little uncomfortable. The test results were normal, PRAISE GOD! And I don't have any muscle weakness, so that is good. Next step, have the labs redone in one week. If the liver enzymes are still high and the myositis is still there, then I have to back to the neurologist I saw today for another EMG, the intramuscular kind, where they insert needles into the muscles and then shock them. Yuck. Doesn't sound fun, but I'm hoping it won't be necessary. Maybe the labs I have done next week will come back normal, and I won't need to have it done at all!

The anxiety is still hanging around. I've been praying a lot, and Mike and I have had numerous discussions, and a couple of Bible studies with some friends from Church. I've been struggling with the choice of whether or not to take the anxiety meds that were prescribed to me. Is this problem I am having a lack of faith? After a few torturous days, and lots of prayer, I have decided to take the meds. I'm assuming that because of all the hormonal changes going on since Joshua was born, my body is just out of whack! I desperately want to do God's will and please Him, so I hope that I have made the right decision. Any opinions? Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    One of my cousins has been going through the same thing you are (workup for myositis and other autoimmune disorders including some of the tests you mention).. I know that what you're going through is NOT fun. My personal opinion is that there is nothing wrong with taking meds if anxiety is causing problems for you. They can do a lot of good, and it's not like you'll have to take them forever. You've got a lot on your plate right now, and things will get better with time.

    ReplyDelete