Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Medical update, Gracious Lord

Today, I was telling Mike that the last week seems more like years to me. It has seemed very, well, dark. I had a Dr.'s appt. this morning, and the 2nd blood test results were in...still not completely normal, but better! She said it was 57 points lower, which I guess is good, even though I really have no idea what it means. Most likely, it is some kind of virus causing this Myositis, that seems to be improving on its own. CORRECTION: NOT on its own, by GOD's mercy and love. I don't have to get another EMG for now, so that's good! I'm feeling positive about all this; and very blessed. As I was waiting in the Dr.'s office this morning, I was reading the Bible, and seeking some comfort and relief of anxiety. I found the story of the Barren Fig Tree in Matt. 21:18-22. In vs. 22, JESUS says

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."


"Believing" being the key word that struck me. A different version says "If you have faith". GOD is so amazing. It occurred to me that all this time I'd spent begging the Lord to let me be healthy so that I may live to raise my children to know Him, I was convinced I was sick. Partly postpartum depression, maybe? I had a lot of anxiety; whether it be hormonal or lack of faith, I'm still not certain. What I am sure of, is that GOD answered my prayers. I find it contemptible, outrageous that I forget so easily how faithful the Lord is to us. I am so humbled, to know that our Almighty GOD, the Creator of all things good, finds it reasonable not only to answer my prayers, but to love me as well.

Ps 31:21-24, another passage I came across this morning. What an encouragement it is to me now, and especially then (11 hours ago).

Blessed be the Lord,
For He has shown me His marvelous kindness in a strong city!
22 For I said in my haste,
"I am cut off from before Your eyes";
Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications
When I cried out to You.

23 Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints!
For the Lord preserves the faithful,
And fully repays the proud person.
24 Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the Lord.

Wow!


"Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing GOD
Incomparable, unchangeable
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same
You are amazing GOD"

These song lyrics accurately express the overflowing emotions I'm presently cherishing. (Indescribable-Chris Tomlin)

I am so thankful for all the lovingkindess so many of you have shown me over these past few weeks. Thank you for the prayers, and words of encouragement. I know that the trials I've been facing recently are infinitesimal in comparison too so many of the things some of you have been enduring; not to mention the anguish being experienced in distant parts of the world right now. I appreciate the fact that I may have no real perspective on tribulation. Nevertheless, I have been fortified and uplifted throughout this experience, and astonished once again by the real love of our GOD, and Savior, JESUS CHRIST.

I'm hoping all those in need will look to GOD and seek Him, to share in this GOD-granted comfort and peace.










No comments:

Post a Comment